Put simply, Pharmaceutical Compounding is the science behind creating customised medication to suit individual needs.
State-of-the-art equipment, modern technology and of course the necessary ingredients is how pharmaceutical compounding is achieved in today’s world. Customised medication is not only for humans! A vast range of animals benefit from this service too and we believe all of our patients deserve this type of personalised care!
In most cases, in order to obtain a compounded medication, you will need a prescription from your doctor, dentist, veterinarian or other prescriber.
Your medication will be provided to you following a thorough consultation and once all of the ingredients have been compounded (mixed appropriately) and your prescription is dispensed.
At Marion Compounding Pharmacy we make your medication fit the way it should!
We have an experienced team of licensed compounding pharmacists who will prepare your medication in a safe and carefully controlled PCCA approved laboratory.
Pharmaceutical compounding nearly always starts with a problem and that is where Marion Compounding Pharmacy can provide you with a personalised solution.
- A different strength of medication to the manufactured medication is required* *exemptions may apply.
- Swallowing tablets or capsules is difficult
- You require a different dosage
- A manufacturer has discontinued a medication
- The flavour or taste prevents you from taking the medication
- You have an allergy or sensitivity to some ingredients
- A commercial product is unavailable
- Patients who don’t want to take any medication at all struggle, especially children or pets
If you think that compounding is the right solution for you, we have professional compounding pharmacists available to chat to you.
Our laboratory is located within the TerryWhite Chemmart Marion Compounding pharmacy. Feel free to give us a call or pop in and see us in store.
Phone: (08) 8276 8600 ext. 2 Mon-Fri 9am -5pm